Monday, October 1, 2018

Spotlight: The AbleGamers Foundation

The AbleGamers Foundation is a nonprofit that makes it possible for people with physical disabilities in financial need to play video games. Based in West Virginia, AbleGamers assesses the kind of gaming equipment needed and provides assistive technology, including mouth controllers and eye-tracking. The charity has been able to do this since 2004, thanks to donations. I'm pleased to see an organization like AbleGamers because I played video games during my childhood, which I believe helped me improve my hand-eye coordination while having fun. Nowadays, I have a Nintendo Wii, which I haven't played in a while. Maybe it's time I pick up the controller again. For more information about AbleGamers, go to https://ablegamers.org/.

Image result for ablegamers
The AbleGamers Foundation logo
(image via Flickr)

2 comments: