Tuesday, May 19, 2020

My COVID-19 Testing Experience

A week ago, I underwent COVID-19 testing. Although I didn't have symptoms, my parents and I wanted to know if I had the coronavirus. So, I made an appointment to be tested. My mom drove me a few miles to the testing site, where we briefly waited in a short line of cars. I stayed in the van while a technician conducted a nasopharyngeal swab test by moving around a long cotton swab inside my nostrils for 15 seconds. I went into the testing facility for the antibody test, which involved a needle poke in my middle finger. About ten minutes later, the technician informed me I didn't have antibodies. However, I found out earlier this afternoon my swab test result came back negative.

If you haven't already done so, you should consider being tested for the coronavirus, especially if you have a medical condition that puts you at a higher risk. For more information about COVID-19 testing, go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/testing.html. You can look online for a testing location near you.

What You Need To Know About COVID-19 Testing In The U.S. | WLRN
Drive-through COVID-19 testing
(image via wlrn.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment